Blueberry Cashew Pancakes
c/o Alison Patt (08), MBA, President and CEO of Thomas Cuisine
garbanzo bean flour 3 cups
sea salt 11⁄2 tbsp
baking powder 3 tbsp
coconut sugar 6 tbsp
cold water 13⁄4 cups
fresh blueberries 2 cups
cashews 3⁄4 cup
real maple syrup or honey 11⁄2 cups
avocado or coconut oil butter 1⁄4 cup
- Wash all produce before use.
- Heat a griddle or nonstick pan over medium high.
- Mix the flour, salt, baking powder, and sugar in a bowl.
- Slowly add the water until desired thickness is reached. It should be pourable and spread while cooking.
- Spray griddle or pan and scoop batter into circles, allowing space for expansion.
- Evenly distribute about half of the blueberries and cashews onto pancakes.
- When pancakes begin to bubble evenly across and start to look dry around edges (about 1-3 minutes), flip over and begin cooking the other side (additional 30 seconds to a minute).
- After they are cooked through, arrange onto plate and garnish with butter, blueberries, and cashews.
- Serve with maple syrup.